« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Southeastern St. Lawrence-Southern Franklin-Western Clinton-
Eastern Franklin-Eastern Chittenden-
Including the cities of Star Lake, Saranac Lake, Tupper Lake,
Dannemora, Port Henry, Ticonderoga, Newport, Island Pond,
Johnson, Stowe, St. Johnsbury, Montpelier, Bradford, Randolph,
Enosburg Falls, Richford, and Underhill
345 AM EDT Thu Mar 30 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM FRIDAY TO 2 PM EDT
The National Weather Service in Burlington has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow, which is in effect from 5 AM Friday to
2 PM EDT Saturday.
* Locations...the western Adirondacks and Eastern Essex County in
northern New York and all of central and northeastern Vermont
including the western slopes.
* Hazard Types...Moderate wet snowfall.
* Accumulations...3 to 7 inches.
* Maximum Snowfall Rate...Up to 1 inch per hour, mainly Friday
evening through midnight.
* Timing...Snow will begin late Friday morning before possibly
mixing with rain below 1000 feet Friday afternoon. Snow will
continue at higher elevations Friday into Friday night before
tapering off Saturday morning.
* Impacts...Wet snow may accumulate on trees and power lines which
may lead to isolated power outages across the advisory area.
Additionally, difficult travel conditions are expected on local
* Winds...East to southeast 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures...Lows in the upper 20s to lower 30s. Highs in the
lower to mid 30s.
* Visibilities...As low as a half mile at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads
and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio, your local media, or
go to www.weather.gov/Burlington for further updates on this