« View county listCoastal Flood Statement
SOUTHWESTERN SUFFOLK-SOUTHEASTERN SUFFOLK-SOUTHERN QUEENS-
325 PM EST SAT NOV 18 2017
* LOCATIONS...SOUTH SHORE BAYS OF NASSAU AND SUFFOLK COUNTIES.
* TIDAL DEPARTURE...1 TO 2 FT ABOVE ASTRONOMICAL TIDES.
* TIMING...AROUND THE TIMES OF HIGH TIDE SUNDAY MORNING.
* COASTAL FLOOD IMPACTS...BRIEF MINOR FLOODING OF THE MOST
VULNERABLE LOCATIONS NEAR THE WATERFRONT AND SHORELINE.
$$High Wind Warning
Southern Middlesex-Southern New London-Northwestern Suffolk-
Northeastern Suffolk-Southwestern Suffolk-Southeastern Suffolk-
336 PM EST Sat Nov 18 2017
...HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EST SUNDAY...
The National Weather Service in Upton has issued a High Wind
Warning, which is in effect until noon EST Sunday. The Wind
Advisory is no longer in effect.
* WINDS...Southwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts 55 to 60 mph.
* TIMING...Tonight into Sunday morning. Strongest winds late
* IMPACTS...Strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage. Winds this strong
can also make driving difficult, especially for high profile
vehicles, in open areas, and on elevated roads and bridges. Use