« View county listWind Advisory
Northern Oneida-Yates-Seneca-Southern Cayuga-Onondaga-Steuben-
Including the cities of Boonville, Penn Yan, Seneca Falls,
Auburn, Syracuse, Corning, Hornell, Watkins Glen, Elmira, Ithaca,
Hamilton, Oneida, Rome, Utica, Cortland, Norwich, Oneonta, Owego,
Waverly, Binghamton, Delhi, Walton, Monticello, Sayre, Towanda,
Hallstead, Montrose, Damascus, Equinunk, Tunkhannock, Scranton,
Hazleton, Wilkes-Barre, Milford, and Honesdale
237 AM EST Sun Nov 19 2017
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM EST THIS
* LOCATIONS...All of central New York and northeast Pennsylvania.
* WINDS...West 20 to 30 mph with gusts 40 to 50 mph.
* TIMING...This morning through late afternoon.
* IMPACTS...Strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
Wind advisories are issued when sustained wind speeds of at
greater than 30 mph and/or wind gusts over 45 mph are expected.
Winds of this magnitude could cause minor damage to trees, power
lines and weaker structures. Persons in the advisory area should
secure all loose objects. If you are traveling through the
advisory area keep a firm grip on the wheel, especially for those
driving high profile vehicles.
$$Winter Storm Watch
Northern Oneida-Onondaga-Madison-Southern Oneida-
Including the cities of Boonville, Syracuse, Hamilton, Oneida,
Rome, and Utica
245 AM EST Sun Nov 19 2017
...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THIS AFTERNOON
THROUGH MONDAY EVENING...
* WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow possible. Plan on difficult travel
conditions, including during the morning commute on Monday.
Total snow accumulations of 3 to 7 inches, with localized
amounts up to 10 inches, are possible.
* WHERE...Oneida, Onondaga, and Madison Counties.
* WHEN...From this afternoon through Monday evening.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...West winds gusting as high as 35 mph will
cause areas of blowing and drifting snow, especially this
evening through early Monday morning. Temperatures will range
mainly in the 20s and lower 30s.
A Winter Storm Watch for heavy lake effect snow means there is a
potential for a large amount of snow in only a few hours.
Visibilities and depth of snow can vary greatly, impacting travel
significantly. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.