« View county listFlood Watch
Including the city of Boonville
316 AM EST Wed Mar 1 2017
...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY
The Flood Watch continues for
* A portion of central New York, including the following area,
Northern Oneida County.
* From this evening through Friday morning
* Heavy rainfall combined with snow melt may cause minor flooding
along the Black River in Boonville, and other streams and rivers
in the area.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
Flood Warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
Northern Oneida-Yates-Seneca-Southern Cayuga-Onondaga-Steuben-
Including the cities of Boonville, Penn Yan, Seneca Falls,
Auburn, Syracuse, Corning, Hornell, Watkins Glen, Elmira, Ithaca,
Hamilton, Oneida, Rome, Utica, Cortland, Norwich, Oneonta, Owego,
Waverly, Binghamton, Delhi, Walton, and Monticello
217 PM EST Wed Mar 1 2017
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 1 PM
* LOCATIONS...All of Central New York.
* HAZARDS...Strong gusty winds.
* WINDS...West 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* TIMING...Gusty cold front will pass through this evening.
Strong gusts will continue overnight through at least midday
* IMPACTS...Gusty winds will blow around unsecured objects. Tree
limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result.
Wind advisories are issued when sustained wind speeds of at
greater than 30 mph and/or wind gusts over 45 mph are expected.
Winds of this magnitude could cause minor damage to trees, power
lines and weaker structures. Persons in the advisory area should
secure all loose objects. If you are traveling through the
advisory area keep a firm grip on the wheel, especially for those
driving high profile vehicles.