« View county listFlood Warning
631 PM PDT Mon Apr 24 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
The Humboldt River Near Imlay.
* until further notice.
* At 5:15 PM Monday the stage was 11.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.3 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and forecast to continue.
* Forecast...The river will remain nearly steady between 11.0 feet
and 11.1 feet through the end of the week. The river will remain
above flood stage into early May.
* Impact...At 10.3 feet...Minor flooding of Tungsten Road south of
the river between the river and the Pit Taylor Canal. Some minor
low land flooding is possible very near the river from the
Humboldt County line to Rye Patch. At higher levels access to
Flying M Ranch via Old Idaho Stage Road is flooded.
LAT...LON 4085 11796 4065 11805 4066 11827 4071 11827 4086 11807
Mineral and Southern Lyon Counties-
Western Nevada Basin and Range including Pyramid Lake-
Including the cities of Hawthorne, Yerington, Smith Valley,
Fernley, Fallon, Lovelock, and Silver Springs
1252 PM PDT Tue Apr 25 2017
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM TO 8 PM PDT
* Timing: Winds will increase Wednesday morning, becoming strong
for the afternoon before decreasing in the evening behind a
* Winds: West to northwest 25 to 40 mph with gusts to 55 mph.
* Wave Heights on Pyramid Lake: 2 to 5 feet.
* Impacts: Strong cross winds will cause hazardous driving
conditions, especially for high profile vehicles. Travel
restrictions are likely, especially for Highway 95 south of
Now is the time to secure loose outdoor items such as patio
furniture and trash cans before winds increase which could blow
these items away. The best thing to do is prepare ahead of time
by making sure you have extra food and water on hand, flashlights
with spare batteries and/or candles in the event of a power