« View county listWind Advisory
Esmeralda and Central Nye County-
Including Beatty, Goldfield, Silver Peak, and Dyer
118 PM PDT Thu Oct 19 2017
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM TO 8 PM PDT FRIDAY...
The National Weather Service in Las Vegas has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 8 AM to 8 PM PDT Friday.
* TIMING...Winds will increase Friday morning, peak in the late
morning and afternoon, and decrease after sunset.
* WINDS...North winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts 35 to 45 mph.
* IMPACTS...Strong crosswinds could make travel hazardous on area
roadways. Visibility could also be reduced in areas due to
A Wind Advisory means strong winds gusting over 40 mph can make
driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use
South Central Elko County-Northwestern Nye County-
412 PM PDT Thu Oct 19 2017
...WIND ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM TO 11 PM PDT FRIDAY...
* WINDS...Sustained 20-30 mph, gusting to 50 mph. Locally higher
gusts may occur along the eastern slopes of mountain ranges.
Locations like, Alternate 93, Pilot Valley, Ruby Valley, and
Clover Valley may see locally higher gusts over 50 mph.
* TIMING...The strongest winds will occur along and behind the
cold front Friday morning and persist through the afternoon.
Winds will subside around sunset.
* IMPACTS...Hazardous and sudden cross winds are possible along
portions of Ruby Valley Road, Interstate 80, US 93, and
Alternate US Highway 93.
A wind advisory means that sustained winds of 30 mph with gusts
in excess of 45 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make
driving difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use