« View county listFire Weather Warning
Western Nevada Sierra Front-West Central Nevada Basin and Range-
254 PM PDT Sun Jun 24 2018
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM TO 10 PM PDT
MONDAY FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR THE WEST CENTRAL
NEVADA BASIN AND RANGE...
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire Zone 450 Western Nevada Sierra Front and
Fire Zone 453 West Central Nevada Basin and Range.
* Winds...West-southwest 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph. The
strongest gusts are likely north of Interstate 80.
* Humidity...5 to 13 percent.
* Duration...6 to 9 hours.
* Impacts...The combination of gusty winds and low humidity can
cause fire to rapidly grow in size and intensity before first
responders can contain them.
Avoid outdoor activities that can cause a spark near dry
vegetation, such as yard work, target shooting, or campfires.
Follow local fire restrictions. Check weather.gov/reno for
updates and livingwithfire.info for preparedness tips.
$$Lake Wind Advisory
Greater Reno-Carson City-Minden Area-
235 PM PDT Sun Jun 24 2018
...LAKE WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM TO 11 PM PDT MONDAY FOR
The National Weather Service in Reno has issued a Lake Wind
Advisory for Washoe Lake, which is in effect from 2 PM to 11 PM
* Lakes Affected: Washoe.
* Winds: Southwest 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Wave Heights: 1 to 2 feet.
* Small boats, kayaks and paddle boards will be prone to capsizing
and should remain off lake waters until conditions improve.
Check lake conditions before heading out and be prepared for a
sudden increase in winds and wave heights. Consider postponing
boating activities on the lake until a day with less wind.