« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Greater Lake Tahoe Area-
Including the cities of South Lake Tahoe, Truckee, Stateline,
and Incline Village
303 AM PDT Fri Mar 24 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM THIS
MORNING TO 4 AM PDT SATURDAY...
* Timing: Snow will spread into the Tahoe Basin early this morning
and continue through tonight. The most intense snowfall will
occur in the afternoon and evening.
* Snow Accumulations: 10 to 18 inches above 7000 feet with up to
6 inches elsewhere. Heaviest snow along and west of Highway
* Snow Levels: Near lake level this morning then rising to 6500
feet during the day. Snow levels then fall back to lake level
* Winds: Southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
* Lake Tahoe Wave Heights: 1 to 4 feet with highest waves from
mid lake to the north and east shores.
* Impacts: Snow and gusty winds will impact Sierra passes today.
Snow will then begin to impact roads at lower elevations late
today and tonight. Lake waters will be rough and choppy.
Even light snowfall causes major travel delays, especially during
periods of high traffic volume. Be sure to allow extra time to
reach your destination. Leave extra space between vehicles since
it takes longer to stop on slick roadways.