« View county listFire Weather Warning
Greater Lake Tahoe Area-Western Nevada Sierra Front-
West Central Nevada Basin and Range-
605 AM PDT Thu Oct 19 2017
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM PDT THIS EVENING FOR
GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR THE TAHOE BASIN EAST INTO WESTERN
PERSHING AND CHURCHILL COUNTIES INCLUDING THE SIERRA FRONT...
The National Weather Service in Reno has issued a Red Flag
Warning for gusty winds and low humidity, which is in effect
until 6 PM PDT this evening.
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire Zone 272 Greater Lake Tahoe Area, Fire
Zone 450 Western Nevada Sierra Front and Fire Zone 453 West
Central Nevada Basin and Range.
* Winds...Southwest winds increasing to 15 to 25 mph with gusts to
40 mph by late morning. Local gusts of 45 to 50 mph this
afternoon in wind prone areas.
* Humidity...10 to 20% this morning. Rising above 30% around
* Duration...3 to 6 hours, locally up to 9 hours in wind prone
* Impacts...The combination of gusty winds and low humidity can
cause fire to rapidly grow in size and intensity.
Avoid outdoor activities that can cause a spark near dry
vegetation, such as yard work, target shooting, or campfires.
Follow local fire restrictions. Check weather.gov/reno for
updates and livingwithfire.info for preparedness tips.
$$Lake Wind Advisory
Western Nevada Basin and Range including Pyramid Lake-
917 AM PDT Thu Oct 19 2017
...LAKE WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM PDT THIS
EVENING FOR PYRAMID LAKE...
* Winds: Southwest to west 15 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Wave Heights: 2 to 4 feet from mid-lake to eastern and
* Small boats, kayaks and paddle boards will be prone to
capsizing and should remain off lake waters until conditions
Check lake conditions before heading out and be prepared for a
sudden increase in winds and wave heights. Consider postponing
boating activities on the lake until a day with less wind.