« View county listFire Weather Watch
Western Nevada Sierra Front-West Central Nevada Basin and Range-
537 AM PDT Sat Jun 24 2017
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH MONDAY EVENING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR THE
SIERRA FRONT AND PORTIONS OF WEST-CENTRAL NEVADA...
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire Zone 450 Western Nevada Sierra Front and
Fire Zone 453 West Central Nevada Basin and Range.
* WINDS...Southwest to west 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph.
* HUMIDITY...8 to 14 percent.
* IMPACTS...The combination of gusty winds and low humidity can
cause fire to rapidly grow in size and intensity before first
responders can contain them.
Avoid outdoor activities that can cause a spark near dry
vegetation, such as yard work, target shooting, or campfires.
Follow local fire restrictions. Check weather.gov/reno for
updates and livingwithfire.info for preparedness tips.
907 AM PDT THU JUN 22 2017
The National Weather Service in Reno has extended the
* Flood Advisory for...
Rain and Snowmelt in...
North central Pershing County in west central Nevada...
* Until 945 AM PDT Thursday
* The Lower Humboldt River above Rye Patch Reservoir remains above
flood stage (minor flooding).
* The river level at Imlay was near 10.7 feet on June 22. The river
is expected to slowly fall but remain above the flood stage of
10.3 feet for the next week or so.
* Minor flooding of the Tungsten Road south of the river between the
river and the Pit Taylor Canal is expected. Some minor lowland
flooding is also possible near the river from the Humboldt County
line to Rye Patch Reservoir.
A Flood Advisory means river flows are elevated. Use caution on
rural roads near the river that may be impacted by high flows.
LAT...LON 4085 11797 4079 11801 4069 11806 4067 11813
4067 11822 4069 11825 4072 11809 4085 11805