« View county listLake Wind Advisory
Lake Mead National Recreation Area-
Including Bullhead City, Oatman, Mohave Valley,
Hoover Dam, and Laughlin
809 AM PST Mon Feb 27 2017 /909 AM MST Mon Feb 27 2017/
...LAKE WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM PST /7 PM MST/ THIS
The National Weather Service in Las Vegas has issued a Lake Wind
Advisory, which is in effect until 6 PM PST /7 PM MST/ this
* TIMING...Winds will increase this morning, peak this afternoon
then decrease this evening.
* WINDS...South winds 20 to 30 mph...gusts 30 to 40 mph. The
strongest winds are expected across Lake Mead.
* IMPACTS...Hazardous boating conditions due to strong winds and
increased wave activity...especially for small craft.
A Lake Wind Advisory indicates that winds will cause rough chop
on area lakes. Small boats will be especially prone to capsizing.
Spring Mountains-Red Rock Canyon-Las Vegas Valley-
Including The Town Of Mt Charleston,
Red Rock Canyon, Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, Henderson,
and Boulder City
809 AM PST Mon Feb 27 2017
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM PST THIS EVENING...
The National Weather Service in Las Vegas has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect until 6 PM PST this evening.
* TIMING...Winds will continue to increase this morning, peak this
afternoon and then decrease this evening.
* WINDS...Southwest winds 20 to 30 mph...gusts 35 to 45 mph. The
strongest winds are expected across the Spring Mountains...Red
Rock Canyon...and the western and southern portions of the Las
* IMPACTS...Areas of blowing dust and strong crosswinds may create
difficult travel conditions. Loose objects such as trash cans
may by displaced.
A Wind Advisory means strong winds gusting over 40 mph can make
driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use
extra caution. Secure any loose items and trash cans.