« View county listFire Weather Warning
Lake Mead NRA/Colorado River-AZ side-
Northwest Deserts/Northwest Plateau-Sheep Range-Spring Mountains-
Clark and SW Lincoln County Deserts/Las Vegas Dispatch-
Lake Mead NRA/Colorado River-NV side-
247 AM PDT Thu May 25 2017 /247 AM MST Thu May 25 2017/
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM PDT /2 PM MST/ THIS
AFTERNOON TO 9 PM PDT /9 PM MST/ THIS EVENING FOR STRONG WINDS AND
LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITIES...
The National Weather Service in Las Vegas has issued a Red Flag
Warning, which is in effect from 2 PM PDT /2 PM MST/ this
afternoon to 9 PM PDT /9 PM MST/ this evening.
* AFFECTED AREA...In Arizona...Fire weather zones 101 and 102.In
Nevada...Fire weather zones 463, 464, 465, and 466.
* TIMING...Winds will increase early this afternoon and remain
gusty into the evening hours.
* WIND...Southwest 20 to 25 MPH with gusts to around 35 MPH.
* HUMIDITY...Single digit in the lower elevations to lower teens
in the higher elevations.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.