« View county listWind Advisory
West Central Plateau-West Central Mountains-
West Central Highlands-Southwest Mountains-
Middle Rio Grande Valley/Albuquerque Metro Area-
Lower Rio Grande Valley-Sandia/Manzano Mountains-Estancia Valley-
South Central Highlands-Upper Tularosa Valley-
328 AM MDT Tue Apr 25 2017
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM MDT THIS EVENING...
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect until 8 PM MDT this evening.
* LOCATION...West Central Plateau, Highlands and Mountains,
Southwest and Sandia and Manzano Mountains, Middle and Lower Rio
Grande Valley, Estancia and Upper Tularosa Valleys, and the
South Central Highlands.
* WINDS...West and southwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 55 mph,
becoming northwest this afternoon.
* TIMING...Winds are expected to strengthen this morning, then
peak this afternoon before weakening but remaining breezy this
* VISIBILITY...Locally reduced at times in dust prone locations.
* LOCAL IMPACTS...Strong cross winds will impact north to south
oriented roads including Interstate 25. Light weight and
unsecured objects may become airborne.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.