« View county listHigh Wind Warning
Central Highlands-Raton Ridge/Johnson Mesa-
Far Northeast Highlands-Northeast Highlands-Union County-
Harding County-Eastern San Miguel County-
1057 AM MST Fri Nov 17 2017
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM MST THIS
* LOCATION...From the Central Highlands across northeast New
Mexico, including the I-25 corridor from Las Vegas to Raton
Pass, as well as along I-40 near Clines Corners.
* WINDS...West 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
* TIMING...Winds will peak this afternoon before tapering off a
little bit through sunset. However, strong and gusty winds could
continue well into the night.
* VISIBILITY...No significant restrictions.
* LOCAL IMPACTS...Strong cross winds will make travel difficult
along north to south oriented roadways and exposed areas on
ridge tops. Damage to trees, power lines, light weight
objects, and weakened structures is possible from these winds.
Remember, A High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.