« View county listFire Weather Warning
Northeast Plains-East Central Plains-
420 AM MDT Sun Mar 18 2018
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 8 PM MDT
* AREA AND TIMING...The Northeast Plains and East Central Plains
are expected to observe critical fire weather conditions this
afternoon and early this evening.
* 20 FOOT WINDS...West winds at 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 60
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...Falling to 10 to 15 percent this afternoon.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the
field of this Red Flag Warning.
$$High Wind Warning
Sandia/Manzano Mountains-Estancia Valley-Central Highlands-
South Central Highlands-South Central Mountains-
Northeast Highlands-Eastern San Miguel County-Guadalupe County-
Quay County-Curry County-Roosevelt County-De Baca County-
Chaves County Plains-Eastern Lincoln County-
Southwest Chaves County-
403 AM MDT Sun Mar 18 2018
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THIS MORNING TO
1 AM MDT MONDAY...
* LOCATION...The Sandia and Manzano Mountains southward to the
Sacramento Mountains and eastward to the Texas border, as well
as the Northeast Highlands and eastern San Miguel County.
* WINDS...West winds at 35 to 45 mph with gusts 55 to 70 mph.
* TIMING...Winds will develop late this morning and continue
through late tonight.
* VISIBILITY...Local reductions due to blowing dust will be
* LOCAL IMPACTS...Drivers of vans, campers, trailers, and other
high-profile vehicles should exercise extreme caution. This
especially includes travel on U.S. Highway 54 and U.S. Highway
285, and other north-south oriented roads.
Remember, A High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.