« View county listHigh Wind Warning
Guadalupe County-Quay County-Curry County-Roosevelt County-
De Baca County-Chaves County Plains-
250 AM MST Tue Feb 28 2017
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS MORNING TO
7 PM MST THIS EVENING...
* LOCATION...Guadalupe, Quay, Curry, Roosevelt and De Baca
Counties and the Chaves County Plains.
* WINDS...West to southwest at 30 to 45 mph with gusts of 55 to 70
* TIMING...Winds will increase rapidly through the remainder of
the morning, peak from midday through the afternoon, then
diminish in the evening.
* VISIBILITY...Could be reduced to 1 mile in blowing dust.
* LOCAL IMPACTS...Drivers of vans, campers, trailers, and other
high-profile vehicles should be prepared for these potentially
dangerous high winds, especially on north to south oriented
highways, including U.S. Highways 285, 84 and 54. Motorists in
high profile vehicles should consider delaying travel.
Remember, A High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.