« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Chuska Mountains-Jemez Mountains-
West Slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains-
Northern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet/Red River-
Southern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet-
257 AM MST Sun Feb 19 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM EARLY THIS MORNING
TO 5 AM MST MONDAY...
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow, which is in effect from 5 AM early
this morning to 5 AM MST Monday.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...2 to 4 inches below 7500 feet and 4 to 8
inches above 7500 feet, with locally higher amounts nearing 10
inches possible over the peaks.
* TIMING...Snow showers will develop this morning and increase in
coverage and intensity this afternoon. Snow will continue into
tonight before diminishing and ending toward daybreak.
* WINDS...Southwest 10 to 15 mph today, becoming west at 5 to 10
* SNOW LEVELS...Around 7000 feet today then lowering to include
all elevations tonight.
* LOCAL IMPACTS...Roads will become snow covered and icy,
especially on bridges and overpasses. Beware of sudden drops
in visibility due to the snow and areas of fog.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities.