« View county listFire Weather Warning
Northwest Highlands-Middle Rio Grande Valley-
Sandia...Manzano and Gallinas Mountains-East Central Plains-
West Central Highlands-
254 PM MDT Wed May 24 2017
...RED FLAG WARNING NOW IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 9 PM MDT
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 9 PM MDT FRIDAY...
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Red Flag
Warning...which is in effect from 11 AM to 9 PM MDT Friday. The
Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* AREA AND TIMING...Areas located along and south of I-40, between
the AZ and TX state lines, including the Albuquerque metro area.
The most critical conditions are expected between 2pm and 6pm
MDT both days.
* 20 FOOT WINDS...Southwest and west 20 to 30 mph with gusts to
45 mph, except up to 50 mph along and just east of the central
mountains on Thursday.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...Several hours of single digit humidities
are expected both afternoons.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the
field of this Red Flag Warning.
Chuska Mountains-West Central Plateau-West Central Mountains-
West Central Highlands-Southwest Mountains-Jemez Mountains-
West Slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains-
Northern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet/Red River-
Southern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet-
East Slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains-
Middle Rio Grande Valley/Albuquerque Metro Area-
Lower Rio Grande Valley-Sandia/Manzano Mountains-Estancia Valley-
Central Highlands-South Central Highlands-Upper Tularosa Valley-
South Central Mountains-Far Northeast Highlands-
Northeast Highlands-Eastern San Miguel County-Guadalupe County-
Eastern Lincoln County-Southwest Chaves County-
417 AM MDT Thu May 25 2017
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 9 PM MDT THIS
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from noon today to 9 PM MDT this
* LOCATION...Western and central mountains and adjacent highlands,
and the Middle Rio Grande and Tularosa Valleys.
* WINDS...Southwest increasing to 25 to 35 mph with gusts of 45 to
* TIMING...Winds will increase sharply this morning, reaching
advisory levels around noon, continue through mid evening, then
diminish after dark.
* VISIBILITY...Locally reduced to 3 to 5 miles in blowing dust.
* LOCAL IMPACTS...Interstate 40 from the Arizona border east to
around Santa Rosa will be susceptible to strong winds.
Interstate 25 from the southern Socorro County border north to
Bernalillo and Algondones will also be prone to strong winds.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.