« View county listWind Advisory
Central Highlands-Northeast Highlands-Eastern San Miguel County-
358 AM MST Fri Feb 24 2017
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 5 PM MST THIS
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from noon today to 5 PM MST this
* LOCATION...From the east central and northeast highlands
eastward across the plains of eastern San Miguel and Guadalupe
* WINDS...Northwest 25 to 40 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* TIMING...Winds will strengthen during the late morning and
become hazardous by early afternoon. Speeds should peak in
strength around mid afternoon, then weaken around sunset.
* VISIBILITY...Locally restricted below 3 miles at times in dust
* LOCAL IMPACTS...Hazardous crosswinds will impact southwest to
northeast oriented roads, like Highway 54 from Vaughn to Santa
Rosa. Light weight and unsecured objects may become airborne.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.