« View county listFire Weather Warning
Northwest Highlands-Middle Rio Grande Valley-
Sandia...Manzano and Gallinas Mountains-East Central Plains-
West Central Highlands-
256 PM MDT Thu May 25 2017
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM MDT THIS
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 9 PM MDT
* AREA AND TIMING...Northwest and West Central Highlands, Middle
Rio Grande Valley, Sandia, Manzano and Gallinas Mountains, and
East Central Plains. Critical conditions to persist until around
sunset this evening, then redevelop Friday late morning and
persist until Friday evening.
* 20 FOOT WINDS...Southwest and west 20 to 35 mph with gusts up to
50 mph through sunset. Southwest at 20 to 30 mph with gusts up
to 40 mph on Friday.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...Ranging from 5 to 10 percent.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly
and will be hard to control. Long range spotting and extreme
fire behavior will be possible. Outdoor burning should not be
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the
field of this Red Flag Warning.
Chuska Mountains-West Central Plateau-West Central Mountains-
West Central Highlands-Southwest Mountains-Jemez Mountains-
West Slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains-
Northern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet/Red River-
Southern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet-
East Slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains-
Middle Rio Grande Valley/Albuquerque Metro Area-
Lower Rio Grande Valley-Sandia/Manzano Mountains-Estancia Valley-
Central Highlands-South Central Highlands-Upper Tularosa Valley-
South Central Mountains-Far Northeast Highlands-
Northeast Highlands-Eastern San Miguel County-Guadalupe County-
Eastern Lincoln County-Southwest Chaves County-
1146 AM MDT Thu May 25 2017
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM MDT THIS EVENING...
* LOCATION...Western and central mountains and adjacent highlands,
and the Middle Rio Grande, Estancia and Tularosa Valleys as well
as Guadalupe County.
* WINDS...Southwest increasing to 25 to 35 mph with gusts of 45
to 50 mph.
* TIMING...Winds will reach advisory levels around midday or early
afternoon, persist until around sunset, then slowly diminish.
* VISIBILITY...Locally reduced to 3 to 5 miles in blowing dust.
* LOCAL IMPACTS...Interstate 40 from the Arizona border east to
around Santa Rosa will be susceptible to strong winds.
Interstate 25 from the southern Socorro County border north to
Bernalillo and Algondones will also be prone to strong winds.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.