« View county listFire Weather Warning
Northeast Plains-East Central Plains-
254 PM MDT Thu Mar 22 2018
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 8 PM MDT
* AREA AND TIMING...Northeast and East Central Plains. Critical
fire weather conditions expected to develop around midday Friday
and persist until early evening.
* 20 FOOT WINDS...Southwest to west sustained at 25 to 40 mph with
gusts of up to 55 mph.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...Minimum humidities ranging from 10 to 15
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the
field of this Red Flag Warning.
Northern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet/Red River-
Southern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet-
East Slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains-Central Highlands-
South Central Mountains-Raton Ridge/Johnson Mesa-
Far Northeast Highlands-Northeast Highlands-Union County-
Harding County-Eastern San Miguel County-Guadalupe County-
Quay County-Curry County-Eastern Lincoln County-
Southwest Chaves County-
302 PM MDT Thu Mar 22 2018
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 7 PM MDT FRIDAY...
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 11 AM to 7 PM MDT Friday.
* LOCATION...Much of central and eastern New Mexico.
* WINDS...West 30 to 40 mph, with occasional gusts to near 55 mph.
* TIMING...Winds increasing late morning, peaking mid afternoon
and decreasing during the evening.
* VISIBILITY...Localized reductions to between 3 and 5 miles in
* LOCAL IMPACTS...Sudden wind gusts can cause drivers to lose
control especially in lightweight or high profile vehicles.
Strong winds can cause blowing dust, reducing visibilities and
may cause flying debris. Light outdoor objects could be moved by
the strong winds. Dangerous crosswinds are likely on north to
south oriented roadways, such as Interstate 25 between Raton
Pass and Las Vegas.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.