« View county listFire Weather Watch
NEW MEXICO FIRE WEATHER ZONE 110
SOUTHWEST MOUNTAINS/GILA NF/APACHE NF/GLZ-
NEW MEXICO FIRE WEATHER ZONE 111
SOUTHWEST DESERTS AND LOWLANDS/LAS CRUCES BLM/GLZ-
NEW MEXICO FIRE WEATHER ZONE 112
SOUTH CENTRAL LOWLANDS AND SOUTHERN RIO GRANDE VALLEY/BLM/GLZ-
NEW MEXICO FIRE WEATHER ZONE 113
CAPITAN AND SACRAMENTO MOUNTAINS/LINCOLN NF/LNZ-
TEXAS FIRE WEATHER ZONE 055
EL PASO COUNTY-TEXAS FIRE WEATHER ZONE 056
204 PM MDT Wed Mar 29 2017
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
FRIDAY EVENING FOR STRONG WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITIES FOR
FIRE WEATHER ZONES 055, 056, 110, 111, 112, AND 113...
The National Weather Service in El Paso has issued a Fire Weather
Watch, which is in effect from Friday afternoon through Friday
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire weather zone 110. Fire weather zone 111.
Fire weather zone 112. Fire weather zone 113 below 7000 feet.
Fire weather zone 055. Fire weather zone 056.
* WIND...20 to 35 mph with gusts to 50 mph.
* HUMIDITY...5 to 13 percent.
* HIGHEST THREAT...is located over the lowlands east of the Rio Grande.
A cold front will move in from the west during the afternoon and raise
humidities west of the river.
* IMPACTS...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
Red Flag Warnings.
Chuska Mountains-West Central Plateau-
317 AM MDT Thu Mar 30 2017
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 8 PM MDT
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to 8 PM MDT
* LOCATION...Chuska Mountains and West Central Plateau.
* WINDS...Southwest 25 to 35 mph with occasional gusts to near 50
* TIMING...Winds increasing this afternoon and peaking just before
sunset, then gradually trending down
* VISIBILITY...No restrictions expected.
* LOCAL IMPACTS...Unsecured lightweight objects may become
airborne. Cross winds will pose difficult driving conditions,
especially for high profile vehicles.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.