« View county listWind Advisory
West Central Plateau-West Central Mountains-
West Central Highlands-Southwest Mountains-
West Slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains-
Northern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet/Red River-
Southern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet-
East Slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains-
Middle Rio Grande Valley/Albuquerque Metro Area-
Lower Rio Grande Valley-Estancia Valley-Upper Tularosa Valley-
Raton Ridge/Johnson Mesa-Far Northeast Highlands-
Northeast Highlands-Union County-Harding County-
Eastern San Miguel County-Guadalupe County-Quay County-
Curry County-Roosevelt County-De Baca County-Chaves County Plains-
1226 PM MDT Thu Apr 27 2017
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM MDT THIS EVENING...
* LOCATION...This includes all of eastern New Mexico, the
Estancia, Upper Tularosa, middle and lower Rio Grande Valley
and much of western New Mexico near and south of Interstate
* WINDS...Westerly at 25 to 35 mph with gusts between 50 and 55
* TIMING...Winds will peak during the afternoon, and diminish
early this evening.
* VISIBILITY...Locally reduced in dust prone locations.
* LOCAL IMPACTS...Strong cross winds are expected on north to
south oriented roadways which may make driving difficult for
high profile vehicles.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.