« View county listHigh Wind Watch
West Slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains-
Northern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet/Red River-
Southern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet-
East Slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains-Santa Fe Metro Area-
Middle Rio Grande Valley/Albuquerque Metro Area-
Raton Ridge/Johnson Mesa-Far Northeast Highlands-Union County-
353 PM MDT Sat Mar 17 2018
...HIGH WIND WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a High
Wind Watch, which is in effect from Sunday morning through late
* LOCATION...Sangre de Cristo Mountains, middle Rio Grande Valley,
northeast highlands, northeast plains.
* WINDS...West winds at 30 to 45 mph with gusts 55 to 65 mph.
* TIMING...Winds will develop early Sunday afternoon and
continue through mid evening Sunday.
* VISIBILITY...Local reductions due to blowing dust will be
* LOCAL IMPACTS...Drivers of vans, campers, trailers, and other
high-profile vehicles should exercise extreme caution. This
especially includes travel on Interstate 25 from near Belen
north to Raton Pass and other north-south oriented roads.
Remember, A High Wind Watch means conditions are favorable for a
potentially damaging high wind event in and close to the watch
area. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts of 58 mph
or more can lead to property damage. Monitor the latest forecasts
at weather.gov/abq, listen to NOAA weather radio or your favorite