« View county listHigh Wind Warning
East Slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains-Santa Fe Metro Area-
Middle Rio Grande Valley/Albuquerque Metro Area-
Sandia/Manzano Mountains-Estancia Valley-Central Highlands-
South Central Highlands-Upper Tularosa Valley-
South Central Mountains-Far Northeast Highlands-
Northeast Highlands-Harding County-Eastern San Miguel County-
Guadalupe County-Quay County-Curry County-Roosevelt County-
De Baca County-Chaves County Plains-Eastern Lincoln County-
Southwest Chaves County-
414 PM MDT Sun Mar 18 2018
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM MDT MONDAY...
* LOCATION...The Sandia and Manzano Mountains southward to the
Sacramento Mountains and eastward to the Texas border, as well
as the Northeast Highlands, eastern San Miguel County, and the
Albuquerque and Santa Fe metropolitan areas.
* WINDS...West winds at 35 to 45 mph with gusts of 55 to 70 mph.
* TIMING...Severe winds will continue through the evening, perhaps
lasting beyond midnight along and east of the central mountain
* VISIBILITY...Local reductions as low 1 mile will be possible
due to blowing dust..
* LOCAL IMPACTS...Drivers of vans, campers, trailers, and other
high-profile vehicles should exercise extreme caution. This
especially includes travel on Interstate 25, U.S. Highway 54
and U.S. Highway 285, and other north-south oriented roads.
Remember, A High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.