« View county listWind Advisory
Northern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet/Red River-
Southern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet-
East Slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains-Raton Ridge/Johnson Mesa-
928 PM MST Sat Feb 17 2018
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM MST SUNDAY...
* LOCATION...Sangre de Cristo Mountains.
* WINDS...West to Southwest 25 to 40 mph with gusts to 55 mph.
* TIMING...Winds will strengthen by midnight, then remain strong
for most of the day Sunday before diminishing late in the
* VISIBILITY...Locally reduced in blowing snow.
* LOCAL IMPACTS...Drivers of vans, campers, trailers, and other
high profile vehicles should exercise extreme caution. This is
especially true for sudden cross winds, including U.S. Highway
64 between Eagle Nest and Angel Fire, and State Road 38 between
Red River and Eagle Nest.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.
$$Winter Storm Watch
San Juan Mountains-
241 PM MST Sat Feb 17 2018
...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY EVENING
THROUGH LATE MONDAY NIGHT...
* WHAT...Heavy snow and blowing snow possible. Total snow
accumulations of 4 to 8 inches, except over 10 inches are
possible above 9000 feet.
* WHERE...Tusas Mountains, otherwise known as the San Juan
* WHEN...From Sunday evening through late Monday night.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on difficult travel conditions. Tree
branches could fall. Significant reductions in visibility are
A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant
snow, sleet or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue
to monitor the latest forecasts.