« View county listHigh Wind Warning
Sandia/Manzano Mountains-Central Highlands-
South Central Highlands-Upper Tularosa Valley-
South Central Mountains-Eastern Lincoln County-
Southwest Chaves County-
249 PM MST Mon Feb 27 2017
...HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 7 PM MST
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a High
Wind Warning, which is in effect from midnight tonight to 7 PM
MST Tuesday. The High Wind Watch is no longer in effect.
* LOCATION...From the Sandia, Manzano and South Central mountains,
the Central and South Central Highlands, Eastern Lincoln and
Southwest Chaves Counties.
* WINDS...West to southwest at 30 to 45 mph with gusts of
60 to 70 mph.
* TIMING...Winds will increase rapidly tonight, peak from midday
through the afternoon, then diminish in the evening.
* VISIBILITY...Could be reduced to 3 miles in blowing dust.
* LOCAL IMPACTS...Drivers of vans, campers, trailers, and other
high-profile vehicles should be prepared for these potentially
dangerous high winds, especially on north to south oriented
highways, including U.S. Highways 285 and 54.
Remember, A High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.