« View county listWinter Storm Warning
Including the cities of Phillipsburg, Codell, Plainville,
Stockton, Ord, Loup City, Sherman Reservoir, Litchfield,
Lexington, Cozad, Willow Island, Gothenburg, Kearney, Elwood,
Johnson Lake, Holdrege, Minden, Cambridge, Arapahoe, Oxford,
Beaver City, Hollinger, Alma, and Orleans
511 PM CDT Sat Apr 29 2017
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM SUNDAY TO
6 AM CDT MONDAY...
* MAIN HAZARD...Wet, sticky snow and blowing snow.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...Generally 5 to 9 inches, with the highest
amounts favoring areas west of Highway 183.
* TIMING...Perhaps starting before sunrise Sunday, but with the
majority falling during the daytime hours before ending
* WINDS...From the north sustained at 25 to 35 mph, and gusting
40 to around 50 MPH.
* IMPACTS...The combination of snow and strong winds will result
in greatly-reduced visibilities, perhaps with near-blizzard
conditions at times. In addition, if several inches of snow
accumulate, damage to tree limbs could occur, potentially
causing property damage and power outages.
* UNCERTAINTY...Although confidence in accumulating snow is
high, confidence in exact amounts is running below average. It
is difficult to get snow to accumulate this late in the spring
season, and only a slight change in expected temperatures
could easily result in lower or perhaps even higher amounts
than currently indicated in the official forecast.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow and blowing snow means
severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring.
Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel
dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel, keep
an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of