« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Including the cities of Bellaire, Smith Center, Kensington,
Greeley, Spalding, Scotia, Wolbach, Fullerton, Genoa, St. Libory,
Grand Island, Hastings, Franklin, Campbell, Hildreth, Inavale,
Red Cloud, Blue Hill, Rosemont, and Bladen
1130 AM CDT Sun Apr 30 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CDT
* HAZARD...Wet, sticky snow and blowing snow, and possibly a
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...Generally 1 to 3 inches, but considerable
variability could occur even across one county.
* TIMING...A complex situation will continue to evolve through
tonight, as precipitation type likely fluctuates between rain,
snow and even sleet. Precipitation will peak in intensity through
this evening, before gradually ending from west-to-east
* WINDS...From the north sustained at 25 to 35 mph, and gusting 45
to perhaps 50 MPH.
* IMPACTS...The combination of snow and strong winds could reduce
visibility to around one-half mile or less at times, perhaps
with brief, near-blizzard conditions in the heaviest narrow snow
bands. In addition, if at least a few inches of wet snow does
accumulate, damage to tree limbs could occur, potentially
causing some power outages.
* UNCERTAINTY...Although at least some snow accumulation is likely
through tonight, confidence in amounts continues running below
average due mainly to the temperature complexities of such a
late-season storm. Only a slight change in expected temperature
could easily result in lower or higher amounts than currently
indicated in the official forecast.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while