« View county listFlood Advisory
1025 AM CDT Fri Sep 21 2018
The National Weather Service in Omaha has issued a
* Flood Advisory for
The Missouri River At Omaha.
* until Saturday morning.
* At 10:00 AM Friday the stage was 23.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 29.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will rise to near 27.9 feet Sunday evening.
* Impact...at 29.0 feet...At this level water nears the base of the
Council Bluffs levee. Significant lowland flooding occurs in NP
Dodge Park, Freedom Park, Tom Hanafan Park, Fontenelle Forest and
* Impact...at 28.0 feet...At this level most of the flood gates for
the city of Council Bluffs are closed.
* Impact...at 27.0 feet...NP Dodge Park, Freedom Park, Tom Hanafan
Park and Fontenelle Forest begin to flood.
* Impact...at 25.0 feet...A casino parking lot begins to flood along
the Iowa side of the river. In addition, Haworth Park located in
Bellevue begins to flood.
LAT...LON 4142 9602 4142 9583 4107 9574 4106 9591