« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Western Walsh County-
Including the cities of Cando, Langdon, Cavalier, Walhalla,
Drayton, Pembina, Neche, St. Thomas, Fort Totten, Maddock, Leeds,
Minnewaukan, Devils Lake, New Rockford, Lakota, Mcville, Aneta,
Tolna, Edinburg, Adams, and Lankin
351 AM CDT Mon Apr 24 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM CDT THIS
The National Weather Service in Grand Forks has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for a wintry mix and snow, which is in effect
until 1 PM CDT this afternoon.
* TIMING...Expect a wintry mix to develop before 6 AM in the
southern Devils Lake Basin and lift to the north.
* PRECIPITATION RATES...The heaviest snowfall rates will occur
between 7 AM this morning and and 1 PM this afternoon.
* SNOW AND ICE ACCUMULATIONS...Total snow and sleet accumulations
of 1 to 5 inches and ice accumulations of a glaze are expected.
Towner and Cavalier Counties are the most likely to receive the
higher snowfall amounts with 3 to 5 inches with the potential
for more than 6 inches. Grassy surfaces will accumulate more
quickly than paved surfaces.
* WINDS / VISIBILITIES...Look for reduced visibilities at times.
* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions...including during
the morning commute.
A winter weather advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
driving. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling
from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.