« View county listFire Weather Watch
300 PM MDT Mon Oct 23 2017
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
WEDNESDAY EVENING FOR STRONG WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITIES FOR FIRE
WEATHER ZONES 031, 032, 033, 040, 041, 043, AND 044...
The National Weather Service in Bismarck has issued a Fire
Weather Watch, which is in effect from Wednesday afternoon
through Wednesday evening.
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire weather zones 031, 032, 033, 040, 041,
043, and 044.
* WIND...Westerly winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph.
* HUMIDITY...15 to 20 percent.
* IMPACTS...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are possible. Listen for later forecasts and possible Red Flag
Including the cities of Center, Beach, Medora, Dickinson, Mandan,
Bismarck, Steele, Tappen, Jamestown, Marmarth, Mott, New England,
Elgin, Carson, New Leipzig, Bowman, Hettinger, Fort Yates,
Selfridge, Solen, Linton, Strasburg, Napoleon, Gackle, Lamoure,
Edgeley, Kulm, Wishek, Ashley, Oakes, and Ellendale
400 PM CDT Mon Oct 23 2017 /300 PM MDT Mon Oct 23 2017/
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CDT /6 PM MDT/ THIS
* TIMING...Through 7 PM CDT Monday.
* WINDS...Northwest around 30 mph with gusts as high as 55 MPH.
* IMPACTS...Hazardous travel possible. Working on elevated
structures dangerous. Potential for property damage.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 30 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.