« View county listWind Advisory
Including the cities of Ingalls, Banner Elk, Newland, Swiss,
Burnsville, Celo, Micaville, Ramseytown, Busick, Spruce Pine,
652 AM EST Wed Dec 13 2017
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 AM
...WIND ADVISORY WILL EXPIRE AT 7 AM EST THIS MORNING...
* LOCATIONS...The northern mountains of western North Carolina.
* HAZARDS...Strong wind gusts.
* TIMING...Winds increase again this evening through tonight.
* WINDS...West 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* IMPACTS...Strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected. Travel may be
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.weather.gov/gsp.