« View county listWind Advisory
Including the cities of Ingalls, Banner Elk, Newland, Faust,
Mars Hill, Marshall, Walnut, Allenstand, Hot Springs, Luck,
Swiss, Burnsville, Celo, Micaville, Ramseytown, Busick,
Spruce Pine, Poplar, Alarka, Almond, Bryson City, Luada, Wesser,
Waynesville, Waterville, Canton, Cruso, Cove Creek, Asheville,
Robbinsville, Stecoah, Cullowhee, Tuckasegee, and Sylva
255 PM EST Mon Jan 22 2018
...WIND ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST TUESDAY ABOVE
* LOCATIONS...The higher elevations of the western North
* HAZARDS...Strong wind gusts.
* TIMING...through tonight.
* WINDS...South 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* IMPACTS...Strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.weather.gov/gsp.