« View county listFlood Warning
1023 PM EDT Wed Apr 26 2017
The Flood Warning extended for
The Northeast Cape Fear River Near Chinquapin.
* until Saturday morning.
* At 9 PM Wednesday the stage was 13.2 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 13.4 feet by
tomorrow evening. The river is expected to fall below flood stage
early Saturday morning.
* Impact...At 15.0 feet...Secondary roads adjacent to the river will
begin to flood and may be impassable. Tributaries that drain into
the river will also flood secondary roads. Residents who live
adjacent to the river may need to move property to higher ground.
Fld Observed Forecast 8PM
Location Stg Stg Day Time Thu Fri Sat
Chinquapin 13 13.2 Wed 09 PM 13.4 13.1 12.7
LAT...LON 3499 7780 3481 7777 3472 7786 3472 7798
3482 7792 3498 7795