« View county listFlood Warning
819 PM EST TUE FEB 9 2016
The Flood Warning extended for
The Northeast Cape Fear River Near Chinquapin.
* until Sunday afternoon...Or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 7 PM Tuesday the stage was 14.8 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
* Impact...At 15.0 feet...Secondary roads adjacent to the river will
begin to get flooded and may be impassable. Tributaries that dump
into the river will also flood secondary roads. Residents who live
adjacent to the river need to move property to higher ground.
Fld Observed Forecast 8PM
Location Stg Stg Day Time Wed Thu Fri
Chinquapin 13 14.8 Tue 07 PM 14.7 14.4 14.0
LAT...LON 3491 7779 3481 7777 3472 7786 3472 7798
3482 7791 3491 7792