« View county listFlood Warning
142 AM EDT Tue Apr 25 2017
The National Weather Service in Newport has issued a
* Flood Warning for
The Northeast Cape Fear River Near Chinquapin.
* from Wednesday morning until further notice...or until the warning
* At 1 AM Tuesday the stage was 8.1 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Forecast...Rise above flood stage by late tomorrow morning and
continue to rise to near 15.6 feet by Friday evening.
* Impact...At 16.0 feet...Many secondary roads are flooded. Water will
begin to affect Highways 41 and 50 and travel delays are likely.
Areas many miles from the river will be affected as small streams
backup and flood. Muddy Creek, Cypress Creek, and Island Creek will
begin flood areas around Chinquapin.
LAT...LON 3499 7780 3481 7777 3472 7786 3472 7798
3482 7792 3498 7795