« View county listWinter Storm Warning
746 PM MST Mon Feb 20 2017
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM MST TUESDAY...
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a Winter
Storm Warning for Heavy Snow and Blowing Snow...which is in
effect until 8 AM MST Tuesday. the Winter Weather Advisory is no
longer in effect.
* Locations...Monida Pass, Raynolds Pass, Targhee Pass, and West
* Timing...Snow will become heavy at times along the Idaho border
tonight and gradually diminish in intensity late Tuesday
morning. Strong winds will produce significantly reduced
visibilities in blowing and drifting snow over Mountain Passes
and exposed areas tonight with winds gradually diminishing
* Snow Accumulations...an additional 4 to 8 inches of snow above
* Winds...Southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph through
* Snow Level...6500 feet lowering to 5500 feet.
* Impacts...Travel over mountain passes along the Idaho border
will be extremely difficult due to reduced visibility in blowing
and drifting snow as well as accumulation of snow on roadways.
As of Monday evening Interstate 15 was closed on both sides of
Monida Pass from Dubois Idaho to Dillon Montana.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of
snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in
an emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight...
food...and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
For specific road and travel conditions in Montana...dial 5 1 1 .