« View county listFlood Warning
1143 AM CDT Sat Jun 24 2017
The National Weather Service in Jackson has issued a
* Flood Warning for
The Pearl River At Jackson
* from Monday afternoon until further notice.
* At 10:30 AM Saturday the stage was 24.4 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 28.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will rise above flood stage early Monday
afternoon and will continue to rise to near 29.0 feet early
* Impact...At 29.0 feet...Farmland in southern Rankin County begins to
flood and water begins to affect home access near the river in the
* Impact...At 28.0 feet...Minor flooding of lowland near the river is
occurring. Water begins to back up into several creeks and streams
in the Jackson area.
* Impact...At 26.0 feet...Roads near the river in Lefleurs Bluff State
Park begin to flood.
* Impact...At 24.0 feet...The Jackson waste water treatment plant
loses its natural outflow and must initiate pumping.
Flood Observed Forecast 6 AM Crest
Location Stg Stg Day Time Sun Mon Tue Crest Time Date
Middle Pearl River
Jackson 28 24.4 Sat 10 AM 26.2 27.7 28.7 29.0 6/28 7 am
LAT...LON 3193 9025 3212 9034 3243 9013 3237 9002
3213 9020 3198 9012