« View county listFlood Warning
1111 AM CDT TUE SEP 27 2016
The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Winfield LD25
* from Friday morning until further notice.
* At 11:00 AM Tuesday the stage was 24.4 feet.
* Flood stage is 26.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to rise above flood stage by Friday morning
and continue to rise to near 29.9 feet by early Wednesday morning.
Additional rises are possible thereafter.
* Impact: At 30.0 feet...The Golden Eagle Ferry will likely close
near this level. Lakeshore Drive in northern St. Charles County
becomes impassable near this level.
* Impact: At 29.3 feet...The following roads in northern St. Charles
County close near this level: Peruque Creek Road near Highway 79,
Dalbow Road near Highway 79, and Firma Road.
* Impact: At 29.2 feet...Lakeview Road in northeastern St. Charles
County is closed north of the railroad tracks. Also, Highway C
between Highway B and Silvers Road will be closed near this height.
* Impact: At 29.0 feet...Route 96 at Mozier Landing closes.
* Impact: At 28.5 feet...Much of County Highways B and C in eastern
St. Charles County are flooded.
* Impact: At 27.5 feet...At this stage, Lock and Dam 25 will
stockpile 200 tons of sand, 12,000 sandbags, and 10,000 square feet
of polyethyline plastic as a precaution.
* Impact: At 26.0 feet...Flood Stage. Highway B in eastern St.
Charles County floods near the Dardenne Creek bridge.
Fld Latest 7 a.m. Forecast
LOCATION Stg Obs Stg 09/28 09/29 09/30 10/01 10/02
Winfield LD25 26.0 24.43 24.6 25.1 26.0 27.0 28.1
LAT...LON 3922 9081 3923 9071 3888 9057 3881 9057