« View county listFlood Warning
1111 AM CDT TUE SEP 27 2016
The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Canton LD20
* from Wednesday morning until further notice.
* At 10:00 AM Tuesday the stage was 13.3 feet.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to rise above flood stage by tomorrow morning
and continue to rise to near 18.2 feet by Monday early afternoon.
Additional rises are possible thereafter.
* Impact: At 18.2 feet...In La Grange, MO, Bunge Car Park begins to
* Impact: At 18.0 feet...Near this level, the lock is closed to
navigation. This level will vary with circumstance. Also, Main
Street leading to the lock and dam and the railroad crossing at
Henderson Street flood at this height.
* Impact: At 17.6 feet...In La Grange, MO, the entrance to Mark Twain
Casino parking lot begins to flood. Alternate entrance is used.
Also, water reaches the base of area levees.
* Impact: At 17.5 feet...State Highway B, or Business U.S. Highway
61, is closed from Missouri Highway 16 in Canton to north of Canton
at the levee flood gate near this level.
* Impact: At 16.8 feet...Burlington Northern/Sante Fe railroad tracks
* Impact: At 16.6 feet...Front Street leading to the campground and
RV park floods at this height.
* Impact: At 14.0 feet...Both banks begin to overflow. Minor damages
Fld Latest 7 a.m. Forecast
LOCATION Stg Obs Stg 09/28 09/29 09/30 10/01 10/02
Canton LD20 14.0 13.28 14.0 15.0 16.0 16.9 17.6
LAT...LON 4022 9154 4022 9142 4003 9140 4003 9153