« View county listFlood Warning
1134 AM CDT SUN SEP 25 2016
The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Canton LD20
* from Wednesday afternoon until further notice.
* At 10:00 AM Sunday the stage was 12.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to rise above flood stage by Wednesday early
afternoon and crest near 18.2 feet by Monday morning.
Additional rises are possible thereafter.
* Impact: At 18.7 feet...In La Grange, 2nd Street floods between
Green St. and Lewis St.
* Impact: At 18.6 feet...In La Grange, Green Street floods.
* Impact: At 18.2 feet...In La Grange, MO, Bunge Car Park begins to
* Impact: At 18.0 feet...Near this level, the lock is closed to
navigation. This level will vary with circumstance. Also, Main
Street leading to the lock and dam and the railroad crossing at
Henderson Street flood at this height.
* Impact: At 17.6 feet...In La Grange, MO, the entrance to Mark Twain
Casino parking lot begins to flood. Alternate entrance is used.
Also, water reaches the base of area levees.
* Impact: At 17.5 feet...State Highway B, or Business U.S. Highway
61, is closed from Missouri Highway 16 in Canton to north of Canton
at the levee flood gate near this level.
* Impact: At 16.8 feet...Burlington Northern/Sante Fe railroad tracks
* Impact: At 16.6 feet...Front Street leading to the campground and
RV park floods at this height.
* Impact: At 14.0 feet...Both banks begin to overflow. Minor damages
Fld Latest 7 a.m. Forecast
LOCATION Stg Obs Stg 09/26 09/27 09/28 09/29 09/30
Canton LD20 14.0 12.81 12.8 13.1 13.8 14.6 15.7
LAT...LON 4022 9154 4022 9142 4003 9140 4003 9153