« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Koochiching-North St. Louis-North Itasca-Central St. Louis-
Southern Lake/North Shore-South Itasca-
Including the cities of International Falls, Ely, Bigfork,
Hibbing, Two Harbors, Silver Bay, and Grand Rapids
711 PM CDT Tue Apr 25 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CDT
* LOCATIONS...Northern Minnesota, including parts of north-
central and northeast Minnesota, including International
Falls, Ely, the Iron Range, and southern portions of the North
* TIMING...Rain will change to freezing rain and sleet this
tonight, possibly mixing snow at times, and continue through
at least early Wednesday afternoon.
* ICE ACCUMULATIONS...Up to a quarter inch of ice for southern
portions of the North Shore, while generally less than a tenth
of an inch of ice for the rest of northern Minnesota.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...Up to 3 inches, primarily for areas north
and west of the Iron Range.
* WINDS...North-northeast 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* IMPACTS...Ice, sleet, and snow accumulations may create
slippery road conditions and difficult travel conditions.
There could be isolated power outages for southern portions of
the Minnesota North Shore.
A winter weather advisory for mixed precipitation means a mixture
of freezing rain...snow and sleet is expected. Small
accumulations of snow and ice are expected on untreated roads and
sidewalks. Anyone with travel plans should be prepared for
slippery roads and reduced visibility. Slow down when driving and
allow for extra stopping distance because you may lose control of
your vehicle if you try to slow down or stop quickly.