« View county listLakeshore Flood Advisory
328 AM EST Tue Dec 12 2017
...LAKESHORE FLOOD ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST
The National Weather Service in Marquette has issued a Lakeshore
Flood Advisory...which is in effect until 10 AM EST this morning.
* WINDS...NORTH WINDS OF 30 TO 40 MPH THROUGH THE MID MORNING
HOURS NEAR THE SHORELINE OF LAKE SUPERIOR.
* WAVES...WAVES OF 13 TO 16 FEET ARE EXPECTED ALONG THE LAKE
SUPERIOR SHORELINE OF ALGER COUNTY THROUGH THE MID MORNING HOURS.
* IMPACTS...LARGE WAVES COMBINED WITH ELEVATED LAKE LEVELS WILL
PRODUCE AREAS OF MINOR BEACH EROSION AND LAKESHORE FLOODING.
A LAKESHORE FLOOD ADVISORY INDICATES THAT ONSHORE WINDS AND WAVES
WILL GENERATE FLOODING OF LOW AREAS ALONG THE LAKESHORE.
$$Winter Storm Warning
Including the cities of Grand Marais and Munising
434 AM EST Tue Dec 12 2017
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THIS
* WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow occurring. Plan on difficult
travel conditions, including during the morning commute today.
Additional snow accumulations of 3 to 6 inches, except 6 to 10
inches near Sundell, Kiva, Traunik, Trenary and Chatham are
expected through this evening.
* WHERE...Alger County. Including M-28 and M-94.
* WHEN...Until 7 PM EST Tuesday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Winds gusting as high as 35 mph will cause
widespread blowing and drifting snow through late this morning.
This will lead to occasional white-out conditions, especially
along M-28 between Marquette and Munising.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy lake effect snow means
significant amounts of lake effect snow are forecast that will
make travel very hazardous or impossible. If you must travel,
keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case
of an emergency.