« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Keweenaw-Northern Houghton-Baraga-Iron-Southern Houghton-
Including the cities of Copper Harbor, Houghton, Hancock, L'Anse,
Iron River, Kenton, and Sidnaw
417 PM EDT Thu Apr 27 2017 /317 PM CDT Thu Apr 27 2017/
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT /7 PM
CDT/ THIS EVENING...
* Expect steady snow to diminish to snow showers by early this
evening. Additional snow accumulation after 4 pm eastern time
will be 1 to 3 inches, greatest over the higher terrain of the
Keweenaw Peninsula and in the Huron Mountains.
* Due to earlier ice accumulation and the additional snowfall,
there could still be some sporadic power outages. The best
chance for the power outages will be over the Keweenaw
Peninsula, where gusty winds up to 30 mph will put additional
stress on tree limbs and power lines.
* Untreated roads and sidewalks will remain slippery. Use
caution if traveling.
* A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow will
cause travel difficulties.
* Prepare, plan, and stay informed. Visit www.weather.gov/mqt