« View county listHigh Wind Warning
Including the cities of Gwinn and Marquette
430 AM EDT Mon Oct 23 2017
...HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 11 PM EDT TUESDAY...
The National Weather Service in Marquette has issued a High Wind
Warning, which is in effect from 4 AM to 11 PM EDT Tuesday.
* North winds will increase late tonight, with the strongest
gusts to 60 to 70 mph along Lake Superior Tuesday morning and
early afternoon. Elsewhere, the strongest winds will be 45 to
60 mph. Winds will gradually diminish Tuesday afternoon and
* Downed trees and powerlines are expected, likely resulting in
widespread power outages. Power may be out in some areas for an
extended period of time.
* High profile vehicles will be very difficult to drive.
* A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
* Prepare, plan, and stay informed. Visit www.weather.gov/mqt
$$Lakeshore Flood Warning
452 AM EDT MON OCT 23 2017
...LAKESHORE FLOOD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TUESDAY TO 2 AM
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MARQUETTE HAS ISSUED A LAKESHORE
FLOOD WARNING, WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TUESDAY TO 2 AM EDT
* WINDS...NORTH WINDS OVER SOUTH CENTRAL LAKE SUPERIOR WILL
INCREASE TO 40 TO 50 MPH LATE TONIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY. WIND
GUSTS OF 60 TO 70 MPH ARE POSSIBLE. WINDS WILL GRADUALLY
DIMINISH TUESDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING.
* WAVES...WAVES WILL BUILD TO AS HIGH AS 20 TO 25 FEET BY LATE
TUESDAY MORNING, THEN GRADUALLY SUBSIDE LATER TUESDAY AFTERNOON
* IMPACTS...THE LARGE, POUNDING WAVES WILL COMBINE WITH ABOVE
AVERAGE LAKE SUPERIOR WATER LEVELS FOR OCTOBER TO PRODUCE
SIGNIFICANT BEACH FLOODING AND BEACH EROSION ON TUESDAY.
A LAKESHORE FLOOD WARNING MEANS THAT FLOODING IS OCCURRING OR
IMMINENT ALONG THE LAKE. RESIDENTS ON OR NEAR THE SHORE IN THE
WARNED AREA SHOULD BE ALERT FOR RISING WATER, AND TAKE
APPROPRIATE ACTION TO PROTECT LIFE AND PROPERTY.