« View county listSpecial Weather Statement
Including the cities of Midland, Bay City, Bad Axe, Saginaw,
Caro, Sandusky, Owosso, Flint, Lapeer, Port Huron, Howell,
Pontiac, Warren, Ann Arbor, Detroit, Adrian, and Monroe
411 PM EST Wed Dec 13 2017
...HEAVY SNOWFALL EXPECTED FOR EVENING COMMUTE AND INTO LATE THIS
EVENING ACROSS MUCH OF SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN...
* Heavy snow will impact southeastern Michigan during the evening
commute continuing into the late evening hours. The heaviest
snowfall will occur across central southeast Michigan between
the I-96 and I-69 corridors.
* Snow accumulations of 3 to 6 inches are expected across much of
southeast Michigan between 4pm and 8pm. Slightly lower
amounts, 2-4 inches, are possible across the extreme northern
Thumb and far southern southeast Michigan near the Ohio border.
Locally higher amounts are possible. Snowfall rates will range
from 1 to 2 inches per hour, with rates possibly exceeding 2
inches per hour in the heaviest snow.
* Southeast winds around 10 mph with gusts to 15 mph.
* Air temperatures will range between 15 and 23 degrees.
* Visibilities will be near zero at times due to heavy snow.
Rapid fluctuations of visibility are likely.
* Expect significant travel delays during the evening commute
and extremely hazardous travel conditions, especially on
* The combination of heavy snow and cold temperatures will
result in localized slippery conditions and variable traffic
rates throughout the county. Motorists are urged to use
caution and account for the variable driving conditions by
allowing extra time.
* Prepare, plan and stay informed. Visit http://go.usa/gov/c7kkP
$$Winter Storm Warning
Including the cities of Midland, Saginaw, Owosso, Flint, Lapeer,
Port Huron, Howell, Pontiac, Warren, Ann Arbor, and Detroit
356 PM EST Wed Dec 13 2017
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EST
* WHAT...Heavy snow. Plan on difficult travel conditions,
including during the evening commute. Several additional inches
of accumulation are expected bringing storm totals to 6 to 9
inches. The highest totals will be between I-69 and I-96.
* WHERE...Portions of southeast Michigan including Metro Detroit.
* WHEN...Until midnight EST tonight.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Roads will become snow-covered. Visibility
to fall to 1/4 mile or less.
A Winter Storm Warning for snow means severe winter weather
conditions are occurring. If you must travel, keep an extra
flashlight, food and water in your vehicle in case of an