« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Keweenaw-Northern Houghton-Southern Houghton-
Including the cities of Copper Harbor, Houghton, Hancock, Kenton,
442 PM EST Fri Feb 24 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST
* Expect snow to continue through tonight before slowly
tapering off Saturday morning.
* The heaviest snowfall rates will occur between 7 PM this
evening and 1 AM Saturday.
* Winds gusting as high as 40 MPH will cause areas of blowing
and drifting snow, especially tonight near Lake Superior.
* Expect an additional 4 to 6 inches of snow tonight. The most
snow tonight will occur over the higher terrain, including Twin
Lakes, Painesdale, Calumet and Delaware.
* Roads will be snow covered and slippery as areas of snow and
blowing snow increase.
* A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
* Prepare, plan, and stay informed. Visit www.weather.gov/mqt