« View county listWind Advisory
Southern Penobscot-Interior Hancock-Coastal Hancock-
Coastal Washington-Southern Piscataquis-
Including the cities of Bangor, Brewer, Orono, Old Town, Amherst,
Aurora, Dedham, Eastbrook, Great Pond, Orland, Ellsworth,
Bar Harbor, Bucksport, Castine, Eastport, Machias, Cherryfield,
Dover-Foxcroft, Milo, and Guilford
615 PM EDT Wed Mar 22 2017
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 AM EDT THURSDAY...
* WINDS...Northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph.
* TIMING...Through early Thursday morning.
* IMPACTS...Gusty winds will blow around unsecured objects. Tree
limbs could be blown down and some power outages may result.
Blowing snow will reduce visibility for motorists at times this
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Northeast Aroostook-Northern Penobscot-Southeast Aroostook-
Central Penobscot-Central Washington-Northern Washington-
Including the cities of Presque Isle, Caribou, Van Buren,
Mars Hill, Millinocket, East Millinocket, Patten, Medway,
Houlton, Hodgdon, Sherman, Smyrna Mills, Lincoln, Howland,
Springfield, Calais, Grand Lake Stream, Wesley, Perry, Princeton,
Danforth, Vanceboro, and Topsfield
558 PM EDT Wed Mar 22 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EDT THIS
* LOCATIONS...Northeast and East Central Maine.
* HAZARD TYPES...Significant blowing snow.
* TIMING...Through this evening.
* IMPACTS...Areas of blowing and drifting snow will reduce
visibilities to less than a quarter mile at times...especially
over areas exposed to the northwest winds.
* WINDS...Northwest 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* TEMPERATURES...In the teens this evening falling into the
single digits by morning.
* VISIBILITIES...Below a quarter mile with localized whiteout
A Winter Weather Advisory for blowing snow means that
visibilities will be limited due to strong winds blowing snow
around. Use caution when traveling...especially in open areas.