« View county listWind Chill Advisory
Northwest Aroostook-Northeast Aroostook-Northern Somerset-
Including the cities of Allagash, Clayton Lake, Madawaska,
Fort Kent, Frenchville, Presque Isle, Caribou, Van Buren,
Mars Hill, Baker Lake, and Billy-Jack Depot
921 PM EDT Wed Mar 22 2017
...WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 8 AM EDT THURSDAY...
The National Weather Service in Caribou has issued a Wind Chill
Advisory...which is in effect from 1 AM to 8 AM EDT Thursday.
* LOCATIONS...Far northern Maine.
* HAZARD TYPES...Low wind chills.
* WIND CHILL READINGS...20 to 25 below.
* TIMING...Overnight into early Thursday morning.
* IMPACTS...Dangerous wind chills may quickly produce frostbite
on exposed skin.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds
will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in
frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
If you must venture outdoors...make sure you wear a hat and