« View county listDense Fog Advisory
Windham CT-Western Franklin MA-Northern Worcester MA-
Western Hampshire MA-Western Hampden MA-Southern Worcester MA-
Northern Middlesex MA-Northwest Providence RI-
Including the cities of Putnam, Willimantic, Charlemont, Barre,
Fitchburg, Chesterfield, Blandford, Milford, Worcester, Ayer,
Foster, and Smithfield
1010 PM EST Mon Jan 22 2018
...DENSE FOG ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EST TUESDAY...
* Location...The high terrain of the Worcester Hills, northwest
Rhode Island and northeast Connecticut.
* Visibilities...One quarter mile or less at times.
* Timing...Through mid morning on Tuesday.
* Impacts...Dense fog will result in hazardous travel for
motorists into mid morning Tuesday. Drive with extra caution
and leave plenty of space between the vehicle in front of you.
A Dense Fog Advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile, for at least 3 hours. If
driving, slow down, use your headlights, and leave plenty of
distance ahead of you.
Eastern Franklin MA-Northern Worcester MA-
Including the cities of Greenfield, Orange, Barre, and Fitchburg
1007 PM EST Mon Jan 22 2018
...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY MORNING THROUGH
The Flood Watch continues for
* For Eastern Franklin and Northern Worcester Masschusetts
counties including the cities of Greenfield, Orange, Barre, and
* From Tuesday morning through Tuesday afternoon
* An ice jam remains frozen in place on the Millers River near
Athol. Heavy rain on Tuesday may cause renewed flooding in the
vicinity of the ice jam.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
Those who live or work near the Millers River should pay
attention for possible Flood Warnings. Be ready to move to higher
ground and avoid flooded roadways if flooding occurs.
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Western Franklin MA-Eastern Franklin MA-Northern Worcester MA-
Western Hampshire MA-Northern Middlesex MA-
Including the cities of Charlemont, Greenfield, Orange, Barre,
Fitchburg, Chesterfield, and Ayer
1014 PM EST Mon Jan 22 2018
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EST
* WHAT...Light freezing rain and freezing drizzle. Untreated
roads and walkways may be icy. Up to one tenth of an inch of
ice accretion possible.
* WHERE...Western Franklin MA, Eastern Franklin MA, Northern
Worcester MA, Western Hampshire MA and Northern Middlesex MA
* WHEN...Until 9 AM EST Tuesday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The slippery travel overnight as well as
perhaps the Tuesday morning commute.
Use caution when traveling.