« View county listWind Advisory
Southeast Middlesex MA-Suffolk MA-Western Plymouth MA-
Including the cities of Cambridge, Boston, and Brockton
253 PM EDT Tue Mar 20 2018
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM WEDNESDAY TO 8 AM EDT
The National Weather Service in Taunton has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 11 AM Wednesday to 8 AM EDT
* Location...Greater Boston area.
* Winds...Northeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing...Late Wednesday morning through Thursday morning.
* Impacts...Winds this strong are capable of downing small tree
limbs and branches, possibly causing isolated power outages.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 31 to 39 mph are
expected, with gusts between 46 to 57 mph. Driving can be
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra
$$Winter Storm Warning
Hartford CT-Tolland CT-Windham CT-Southern Worcester MA-
Western Norfolk MA-Southeast Middlesex MA-Suffolk MA-
Eastern Norfolk MA-Northern Bristol MA-Western Plymouth MA-
Eastern Plymouth MA-Northwest Providence RI-
Southeast Providence RI-Western Kent RI-Eastern Kent RI-
Including the cities of Hartford, Windsor Locks, Union, Vernon,
Putnam, Willimantic, Milford, Worcester, Foxborough, Norwood,
Cambridge, Boston, Quincy, Taunton, Brockton, Plymouth, Foster,
Smithfield, Providence, Coventry, West Greenwich, East Greenwich,
Warwick, and West Warwick
248 PM EDT Tue Mar 20 2018
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM WEDNESDAY TO
8 AM EDT THURSDAY...
* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 10
inches are expected.
* WHERE...Portions of northern Connecticut, most of Massachusetts
and northern Rhode Island.
* WHEN...From 8 AM Wednesday to 8 AM EDT Thursday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on difficult travel conditions, mainly
during and after the Wednesday evening commute. Tree branches
could fall, resulting in scattered power outages.
A Winter Storm Warning for snow means severe winter weather
conditions will make travel very hazardous or impossible. If you
must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food and water in your
vehicle in case of an emergency.