« View county listFlood Warning
720 PM CST SUN JAN 22 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
The Calcasieu River Near Glenmora.
* Until further notice...or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 6:45 PM Sunday the stage was 16.1 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will continue to fall to a stage of 14.5 feet
by Tuesday morning.
* Impact...At stages near 16.0 feet...When the river is rising and
forecast to reach 16 feet, portions of Highway 112 between Highway
121 and Beechwood Church is subject to flooding.
* Impact...At stages near 15.0 feet...Flooding of secondary roads
near the river and its tributaries begins, including Ashmore Road.
Strothers Crossing Road near Calcasieu and Price Crossing Road near
Hineston have several feet of water over them and subject to
* Impact...At stages near 14.0 feet...Some roads upstream from
Glenmora, including Strothers Crossing Road near the community of
Calcasieu and Price Crossing Road near Hineston have two to three
feet of water over the road and are subject to being closed.
Flooding of forested areas near the river will also occur.
LAT...LON 3113 9279 3090 9269 3090 9262 3105 9265 3115 9275